India strikes back: Pakistan still in denial mode, says will take international media to verify claims

India strikes back: Pakistan still in denial mode, says will take international media to verify claims

A Pakistan strategic affairs expert, from Islamabad, has accused the Indian Air Force (IAF) of violating the Paris Agreement on climate change because the airstrike deep inside the country led to some trees being knocked down. (File photo)

HIGHLIGHTS

  • Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Islamabad would take international media to the area of the said strikes
  • Earlier in the day, in a series of tweets, Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor, claimed that no infrastructure was damaged
  • A Pakistan journalist too claimed nobody was killed in the airstrike

Pakistan continues to remain in denial mode even as the international fora has begun taking notice of the airstrike carried out by India on Jaish-e-Mohammed’s (JeM) biggest training camp in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

The airstrike was conducted 12 days after the terroist group killed 40 Indian soldiers in a suicide bombing in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama.

But Pakistan says the airstrike did not damage anything on the Pakistani soil.

In furtherance of this, Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said Islamabad would take international media to the area of the said strikes, but when the weather is fine.

“Pakistan will take the international media to the area of strikes. Helicopters are being readied. Right now, the weather is bad, but we will fly when the weather permits,” Qureshi was quoted as saying by ANI.

Earlier in the day, in a series of tweets, Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations, Major General Asif Ghafoor, claimed that no infrastructure was damaged and the payload of the “hastily escaping Indian aircrafts fell in open”. He also claimed that the Indian aircraft only managed to get into three-four miles of the Pakistani territory.

Violation of the Paris Agreement?

A Pakistan strategic affairs expert, from Islamabad, has accused the Indian Air Force (IAF) of violating the Paris Agreement on climate change because the airstrike deep inside the country led to some trees being knocked down.

‘Only trees fell down’

A Pakistan journalist too claimed nobody was killed in the airstrike.

Syed Noman Ali Shah, a Pakistani journalist in an exclusive conversation with India Today TV’s Rahul Kanwal, said, “We reached the spot at 6 am according to Pakistan Standard Time. There is local election that had to take place in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. But we did not see anything major. No dead body was being carried. Nothing had happened.”

“We just saw a few fallen trees. The only damage we could see was done to the forest area,” the journalist added.

NSA Doval, while addressing the CCS meeting in New Delhi, said the demolished target was not an ordinary terror launch pad or base. “It was a virtual garrison,” he said, adding, “the facility had firing ranges, explosive test facilities, air-conditioned offices of trainers and barracks.”

The facility was built with the assistance of the Army and the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), he added.

“As many as 25 top commanders were killed,” the NSA further said.

The presence of such a large number of Jaish commanders, Doval said, was due to desperate measures taken by the ISI a week back, in view of the worldwide condemnation of the Pulwama terror attack.

Sources had told India Today that Pakistan’s ISI had shifted Jaish chief Masood Azhar, along with a couple of the commanders, to a safe hideout near Bahawalpur among other places.

Advertisements

Scan to Download UC News APP IAF Airstrike: Here’s what Pakistan said after Indian Air Force carried out aerial strikes at PoK

IAF Airstrike: Here’s what Pakistan said after Indian Air Force carried out aerial strikes at PoK

Indian Air Force on Tuesday carried out aerial strikes at major terror camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir, completely destroying them, 12 days after the ghastly terror attack in Pulwama. After the attack, the Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi on Tuesday summoned an emergency meeting at the Foreign Office in Islamabad to discuss the emerging situation.

The Pakistan Army on Tuesday alleged that the Indian Air Force violated the Line of Control (LoC) in Muzaffarabad sector. “Indian aircrafts intruded from Muzaffarabad sector. Facing timely and effective response from Pakistan Air Force released payload in haste while escaping which fell near Balakot. No casualties or damage.”

The foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the nation should not be worried over the Indian act as the defenders of the country are fully prepared to respond to any misadventure, reported The Dawn. Major General Asif Ghafoor, Director General of the Pakistan Army’s media wing, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), tweeted early morning that the IAF planes dropped the payload near Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province before leaving in haste as the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) scrambled its warplanes. “Indian Air Force violated Line of Control Pakistan. Pakistan Air Force immediately scrambled. Indian aircraft gone back,” he tweeted.

Payload of hastily escaping Indian aircrafts fell in open. pic.twitter.com/8drYtNGMsm

— Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor (@OfficialDGISPR) February 26, 2019

The Pakistan military spokesperson tweeted saying that Indian aircrafts’ intrusion across LoC in Muzaffarabad sector within AJ&K was 3-4 miles. He added, “Under forced hasty withdrawal aircrafts released payload which had free fall in the open area. No infrastructure got hit, no casualties. Technical details and other important information to follow.”

There was no immediate response from India. The allegation came amid heightened tension between India and Pakistan after the February 14 suicide attack by Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad terror group that killed over 40 CRPF soldiers in Jammu and Kashmir’s Pulwama district.