It’s all about going beyond just placing the keywords to write high-quality content which is not only SEO friendly but also, engaging for the readers. Here are some ways to create content that is workable for both users and search engines. Read on:
What’s the deal with quality content?
Let’s put it across using a simple to understand formula:
keyword research + good writing + on-page SEO = high-quality content
It’s that simple!
1. Keyword Research – Though we have been talking about going beyond keywords, it is important to realise that keywords are still a component of SEO content and thus the level of keyword research should be given necessary importance.
2. Get Organised – An unorganised piece of content can just not work. Create an outline of your post and organise your content into sections so that the reader finds it interesting.
3. Integrity and Authenticity– The content that you’re putting on your website should be authentic, honest and in sync with your business ethics. If in case there is a fall-out, you’re likely to lose your customers.
4. Mastering the Art of Micro-Engagement – You must be able to sense what all your content should have to keep your readers engaged. Some of the ways to increase micro-engagement include gifs, bold text, quotes, infographics etc. It’s all about getting creative to see what works and what doesn’t.
5. Content Freshness – Rewriting and working on the same content as your competitors is really not a good idea. The key is to do better. Analyse the content of your competitors and look for ways how you take yours to a next level.
There is no hard and fast rule in writing SEO content, but the fundamentals are still there. Write content for users, formulate and organise it for search engines and create an experience that is engaging and you are bound to get the traffic and hits you deserve.