MetroPCS has two new unlimited data plans. With the lower tier, you get a 5GB hotspot and 100GB on the cloud storage service Google One. You also get Music Unlimited, which allows you to stream music from specific services (Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, and iHeartRadio) without using up your allotted data.
For the cheapest tier, as you add lines, the price will drop:
- One line: $50 per month.
- Two lines: $80 per month.
- Three lines: $110 per month.
- Four lines: $140 per month.
On MetroPCS, exceeding 35GB per month could see your speed throttled during “congestion.”
TextNow users get an unlimited data plan at $40 for one line. But there’s a catch. Unlimited on TextNow translates to 23GB, after which you’ll experience 2G speeds. Even then, you could run into further restrictions.
If you do any of the following:
- Use over 170MB of data per day while using unlimited 2G data (after exceeding your plan’s 3G/4G data allowance), for two or more consecutive days
- Use more than 1GB of data in a five-day period while using unlimited 2G data
- Use unlimited 2G data as a substitute for home internet
you could lose access to unlimited 2G data, until you take “corrective action.” This includes connecting to home Wi-Fi, minimizing the streaming of video and audio without Wi-Fi, and restricting background data usage on your phone.
Prices for TextNow are as follows:
- One line: $40 per month.
- Two lines: $70 per month.
- Three lines: $100 per month.
- Four lines: $130 per month.
The Best Prepaid Plan for Phones
Looking purely at the cheapest tier, MetroPCS gives you the best value for money with the most gigabytes before data deprioritization kicks in.
Postpaid Unlimited Plans for Phones
With a postpaid plan, no matter which carrier you choose, enrolling in autopay and paperless billing ensures the lowest bill possible. You’ll also find that the more lines you add to your plan, the cheaper each line becomes.
AT&T offers two unlimited plans: AT&T Unlimited &More and AT&T Unlimited &More Premium.
In addition to the entertainment options, you also get unlimited texts to 120+ countries, and unlimited calls and roaming in Mexico and Canada.
The cost depends on how many lines you add to your plan. These prices are based on a discount ($10 for single lines or $20 for multiple lines) for enrolling in autopay and paperless billing.
- One line: $70 per month.
- Two lines: $125 per month.
- Three lines: $146 per month.
- Four lines: $160 per month.
AT&T may temporarily slow data speeds when the network is congested after you cross the 22GB threshold.